Saturday, July 31, 2010

Just Venting

Just because Blake and I don't have kids, it doesn't mean we don't have responsibilities...or a life... or things we'd rather be doing.
And just because Blake and I are still fairly newlyweds and still getting our home and lives set up doesn't mean that we cannot be given any responsibilities. Where's the balance?
I blame that whole mess on the miserable week I had.

Things I do want: When we're all getting together for a barbecue and everybody else is bringing something - assign us something too. I can make a salad.

Things I don't want: For it to be assumed that we're the best ones to make last minute trips to Salt Lake and things of the sort. How does this always come to us? We might not have kids to put to bed, but I'd still like to go to bed. There are things I'd like to get done before going to bed. There are plans we've made, bad days at work, a whole host of reasons why I'd rather not. I feel like it's always: He's got a meeting for his calling, he can't, they've got all the kids, so they can't, she works tonight, she can't. What do I do all day? I'm a busy person too.

Also, If someone asks for a huge and very important favor but sends it via text message after an exhausting weekend out of town while on the long drive home, and I forget about it . . . I don't feel like that's my fault. Maybe, if it's that important you should call next time.

Anyway, sorry. It's been a bad day.

But I love you all and think you are all great.

Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment